Author Topic: Path to recovery at mid 30's  (Read 733 times)

recovery000

• View Profile
Path to recovery at mid 30's
« on: July 02, 2020, 10:14:39 AM »
I have been in and our of the P use habit for many years. At my early 20's I was able to last a full year without it. Then I left my hometown to study abroad. The loneliness was brutal and made me turn strongly back to P.

I moved again and, in my new city, I met a beautiful girl and we got married in our late 20's. Everything worked perfectly in the intimacy. However, the memory of P remained. I hate to say this but I started going back to P. Mainly because of selfishness since she was not always available when I wanted to. As time went by, I started to feel more attraction to P than to her. This, along with other circumstances, have separated us in intimacy. I fall to P, on average, once every three weeks. Occasionally, I last a few months clean, but always find my way back to P. With the new online ways to see hundred of girls almost instantly emerging daily, it has been harder and harder not to fall back to P. There is always something new and exciting waiting on the screen. My falls usually start with a strong crave for finding out that new stuff. As a consequence, I started to experience ED. I did not paid attention at first, and kept on falling to P, until recently. There has been several occasions where I am not able to be intimate with my wife. It kills me, and especially now that we are trying to conceive. I still have some morning erections, but not every day. I am 36.

What do you suggest I should do to overcome the temptation of that "something new and exciting"? I work on the computer all day long in my home office. A few minutes of weakness is the only thing that separates me from recovering.

Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 10:19:31 AM by recovery000 »

metal22

• View Profile
Re: Path to recovery at mid 30's
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 11:48:06 AM »
Hey man,  there is hope for recovery for PIED.  I had about the worse case I have seen ( and been on here for about 4 years). 
First,  I would come clean with your wife.  Let her know that you are struggling,  and why.  Dopamine hits are much easier with P than with another person,  though the rewards for intimacy with people is what we are supposed to use Dopamine for.  She will probably be shocked and hurt, and feeling betrayed,  which she is entitled to those feelings.  But I believe virtually every spouse would want to know if their loved one is struggling with something as serious as an addiction to P.
There are many on here including myself that can help you if you decide to tell her.  You won't have an authentic relationship full of intimacy and love until you do.
We are here for you man!

brandon1984

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 07:12:47 AM »
How's it going man? We are in the same boat and we can make it! I'm in IT so i definitely work on the computer 24/7. I'm also 36, married, and have PIED. One day at a time! We are also trying to finally conceive. Were you all successful? I see you wrote your post in July. We just started, so we'll see what happens.

Aladdin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 03:38:22 AM »
I'm 34 new married , I told my wife by my struggles and she is supporting me to the end , share it with her and she will help you