What do I do with all this spare time now?

WiP

I know what you mean, I'm bored out of my mind with the wholesome internet.  Which really screams Get a Life.  We have been so focused on PMO that we did notice life as it passed us by.  Sad really, not anymore.  We have the chance to refocus that time and energy into new and exciting activities and challenges. Be it health and vitality, spiritual, scholarly or loved ones.  Second Chances everyone of us.

Blue Bird

Jhaveman:

Welcome to the group. I am feeling the same difficult situation as you are. I have been calling friends, meeting more people and watching tv with the family. Reading more books and being more extroverted than I used to be.  There is the feeling of an empty space not fulfilled.  I am working on it. It is difficult.
Wish you success.
Best regards.

Blue Bird

savingmysoul

One outlet that I have found very helpful is cooking.  I do like to cook, but my wife is an incredible cook, very creative.  It was very helpful that after Dday, in her finding the courage to support me through all this, she also found the courage to, well, let me in the kitchen.  Together, mostly on the weekends, we look for receipes, plan meals, we go shopping together, and we will cook and clean-up together. 

This has helped me in several ways -

This is valuable time spent with my wife, connecting.  Working together on something we all can enjoy.  It helps me a little bit with communication.  This is time i wasted before, this is time i lost for other selfish pursuits - this is time that i find i miss if we have alot going on any particular weekend and can't cook.  I wouldn't give up this time for anything now.

Also, with my addiction i have stolen from my family - money, time, etc.  This is a small way that i can maybe give back to my wife and to my children.  its a little thing, but it helps.  And i have a greater appreciation for what my wife has been doing for all of us day in and day out for years.

This also is a creative outlet - we try this or that, mix this with that.  And the nice part is you get to enjoy the rewards for a few hours work.  I ask questions, i learn things.  Last Sunday - i was on my own.  Not Food Network ready yet, but i got dinner together, and we all sat down and ate.

this may be something that works for you too.

SMS