Talking to my parents about PMO

douglasfirs

Hello, I'm a 22 year old that has been addicted since I was 13. Since 2018, I've been trying to stop with the PMO, but the longest I've managed was 5 months without it. Because my country is one of the worst of dealing with COVID, I wasn't able to go out, and this isolation is consuming me. I've been thinking about talking with my parents about the times I wasn't able to have a full erection during sex, and the causes of this, but I don't know how to do it, because I know my father also watches it. I want to ask them for help, but I don't know how to reach them for this, because I'm afraid they will find it amusing and will talk about my problems to the other members of the family.

King Leer

I am very sorry to hear that. Your parents should be a source of help and guidance in life. You should not have to worry about them laughing at your problems.  I did not have parents I could talk to easily either; albeit, for different reasons. Do you have a mature older friend you could confide in?

Douglas I recently had a bad dating experience that almost caused a relapse. She talked about being friends blah blah blah. What I am realizing is that as a recovering addict you need to distance yourself from people that either enabled the behavior or put such stress on you that you feel like relapsing. Meanwhile draw close to those that understand and support your goal. A drug addict does not go hang out with the same set of junkie friends that enabled his behavior the first time around. We have to think about this like we would any other type of addiction because it is exactly that. I could not stop and like you had sexual problems. I am still going through reboot I?m about a month in now. Hope I helped.