My first post

Watcoo123

Hi. This is my first post and my first time here.
I was at nofap.com forum but left because a member basically told me what I shouldn't and shouldn't be writing in my own journal.

I left immediately.  Why would I want to be in that place after that?

Im hoping this forum might be different. 

I found, up until that point, keeping an online journal encouraged me and others who read and responded.

I will read around. Look at the rules and see how it goes.

I am 55
Just finished my 30th year as a public  school teacher.
Not retired....yet...i dont know when I will retire
I am a professional musician as well.

Just got hired by Cornell University to do a zoom class in the fall.

What else.

Im here because I am on day 2 nofap
Im here because I've been married for 28 years. I believe i should not have married this woman
Why?
1. We fought constantly and I hurt her feelings all the time in dating.
2. We ended up in counseling during our first year of marriage. 
Presenting issue was she didn't feel looved and accepted.  I wasnt attracted to her emotionaly or physically and had untreated bipolar2.
We did marriage counseling for at least 12 years. Talked about divorce 100s of times.
Ive gone back and forth through pmo, Ive had ED ...
Fast forward
Just recently ended a 3 year affair with a beautiful Indian woman 15 years younger than me.
Had the most amazing sex Ive ever experienced. 
At the 10 month point in the affair my affair partner told me to do nofap.  The next day I stopped pmo and has a streak of 159 days.
More later

TheNorman

I'm very new to all this myself but there's some real red flags with your post. I can't comment on your marriage because I don't know anything about you or your spouse but I can tell you from personal experience that PMO is a huge relationship killer for us. It was:
1. Feeding into a very false sense of what sex is,
2. Caused me to view people as objects which distanced me from my partner, physically and emotionally and
3. Created a foundation of lies. I would never tell her about any of it, and those lies bled into other parts of our lives. I'd hide buying things from her because she "didn't get it".

The fact that you took those fantasies and actually took that far enough to have an affair shows that you're not being honest with your partner on a whole other level. It's all a trap. It's all avoidance that leads to guilt that leads to more lies because you've let them pile up. You definitely need to figure out stuff aside from rebooting, and like I said I am new to all of this myself, but it sounds like there's a lot of relationship stuff with your partner and with yourself that you need to seek some real help for. I hope you can find it.