PIED or PFS?

MonkeyBoy

Post-Finasteride Syndrome or PIED?

Last spring I experienced sexual side effects from using finasteride and minoxidil for perceived hairloss, lots of awful things like libido loss, watery semen, ball ache, reduced sensitivity, etc. as well as mental side effects like awful derealisation. But strangely my erectile quality and morning woods were still overall okay, I'd still get morning wood basically every day just not random erections as I didn't have the libido for it. Before this, I very much limited my PMO intake and would go weeks without it, but after getting PFS and losing my libido, I increased it a lot in an attempt to feel "normal". I'd say I have ended up PMOing most days, sometimes twice per day, with breaks of only 2-3 days when I stopped.

Nowadays, I no longer suffer from a lot of the uniquely "post-fin" side effects, my semen quality, sensitivity etc. are all normal again and the derealisation has gone down and libido is a lot better, my penis feels normal when flaccid again (before it felt like dead meat between my legs), but my erectile quality has actually gotten a lot worse. I thought, at least, I was still suffering from PFS as I still have general sexual dysfunction, but I'm realising my symptoms are different now. All this time since getting post-Fin side effects I've been PMOing and I'm starting to think that as I've recovered from PFS I have acquired PIED in the process.

Nowadays, my morning woods are usually very weak and die quickly, random erections occur but are very weak unless I stimulate them and even then I usually can't get fully hard. I can only get reliably and consistently get to 80-100% when PMOing, but even then I've noticed my erections getting weaker in recent weeks. Sometimes, I have to tug at my flaccid dick while watching P to get there but still I can as long as I'm watching P. It seems that my symptoms nowadays look more like those I read over here than typical post-fin symptoms which I had back in spring/summer.

So what do you guys think? Does this look more like a case of PIED than PFS nowadays?

anubu0

I've never heard of PFS but I'm sorry that you had to go through that. As to your current situation, this definitely seems like PIED. Take the PIED test if you haven't already: try to M without any P and see if you can and then try to M with P and see if you can. If you can M without P then you most likely aren't suffering from PIED, if you can't PMO then you have severe-pied or urological problems.

MonkeyBoy

It has been an awful time indeed, I?m just glad I?ve at least gotten thorough some of the worst aspects of it.
I can M without P but nearest and my erections without P are noticeably weaker than with. I?d say maybe 70% or 80% of the time nowadays if I want to masturbate I have to use P.