Author Topic: My journal to freedom  (Read 9753 times)

Robert2.0

• View Profile
Re: My journal to freedom
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2016, 10:43:28 PM »
Day 116

It has been 16 days since I last posted here. I have thought about posting however I have been blocked by what I am not sure of. I am here now still true to my journey but realizing I am neglecting the need to stay connected to the energy here. I have fallen into the trap of complacency and thinking I can go this on my own. I need this place and the support that all of you bring. My heart and soul needs all of love, compassion, encouragement and understanding that is offered here. I know I am not the only person on the forum that has come to this point in their recovery. I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who has been here and what it was that made them realize the importance of returning. In a way I feel ashamed that I thought I could turn my back on this place and continue on like nothing ever happened. When in fact, this place is why I am where I am today. I appreciate you all and the wonderful work that is being done here. I am grateful for opportunity to be here and thank you to all who participate in not only their own recovery but in helping the rest of us.  Good night brothers

We can do this!

Boo

Re: My journal to freedom
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2016, 03:04:08 PM »
Hey Robert,

I hope you're doing okay brother. This last post of yours kind of got buried. Yes, complacency can start to creep in once we start getting further away from the PMO habit. I always say that I could have a lapse at any moment. I don't believe at this point I could have a relapse. To me there is a difference between the two.

Stay plugged in here if you feel your resolve waning.  You don't need to feel ashamed about staying away. That's your choice. You don't owe this place anything or anyone an explanation. You're a free moral agent.  Forget about that shame nonsense. If being here works for you, then stay plugged in as much as you feel works for you. Don't fret brother. Enjoy your progress. It's better than most here are experiencing.