My venture

sodonewithit

Howdy all!

So I have been lurking here for a few weeks after coming to the conclusion that this has to stop.  I'm 39 but rolling in to 40 sooner rather than later hence joining this area vs the other and I'm looking for thoughts from other similar aged gents.

Little background:  Married with 2 kids.  Employed with a successful career where I make to much for my efforts. Pleasant life all around for the most part.  Limited social network for a variety of reasons, time and a general lack of similar interests as those of my friends.  I formally was a gamer which didn't help the social situations but in the last year it's been given up fully.

I'm sure there is more to add.  PMO is done since the first of the month, I had been checking off days on a calendar but feel I don't need it.  I might add a box to my signature but it's nothing that I'll be going back to.  Have told the wife so there is nothing to hide. 

Funny thing is I don't miss it at all and I'm glad beyond words to have found this site. 

Thanks in advance.

N

notgivinup

Hey SoDonewithIt,

I'm glad you are here. You said that you are glad beyond words that you found this site. I know the feeling. It's a place where you can share your thoughts openly and authentically, and not be judged by it. You can share the good, the bad and the ugly, and we understand here.

This is a great place. There are men here (and a few women) who know all about this issue.

I look forward to hearing more from you along the way.

Welcome to RN.

ngu

N

notgivinup

Hey SDWI

I'm glad...I decided that even if no one reads from my journal...that i would just write. It's been a good exercise for me to just dump stuff there from time to time.

But if it helps someone else....that's a great thing.

I decided today in a more concrete way, that my whole reboot has to be, and will be just because I am deciding to do it. Regardless of what happens, and regardless of what anyone else does or doesn't do....I am making the choice to leave it behind. It never helped me. It never fixed anything...only made things worse and cut me off from life around me.

I'm glad you're here. and again, really thankful for this site.

pmo is NOT an option.

sodonewithit

I fully agree that this move is simply to better myself.  The stress of it was such a useless trade off that in hindsight I don't understand why I was doing it. 

Glad to share this journey with you and everyone else.

sodonewithit

Well this shit works.  Earlier today I had mentioned to the wife that I'm kinda feeling explosive and finally the kiddos had gone to bed.  She gave me the wink and,  naturally, I thought this is my chance to screw it all up with a epic limp reply even though I was 100% is engaged.  Well all I can say was a few kisses, a soft touch and I was like a fucking champ.  Like a damn stud I was.  Felt great, didn't last a heck of a long time but she glowed and that was the best part.  She said it was good to have  me back and she's damn right.

Thank you guys, this page, my eyes and her patience and understanding.

Please excuse my cursing, feeling good and powerful.