Author Topic: The Freedom Journey starts here...  (Read 924 times)

AScotNeedingFreedom

• View Profile
The Freedom Journey starts here...
« on: January 29, 2015, 04:39:38 PM »

This is my first post, as a guy in his early 30s with a 15 year history of PMO. I'm married and I'm just sick of this still being an issue in my life, and affecting my confidence, sexual life and happiness. I started last week to really kick this thing, but after six days had a relapse today. So I'm starting again, and I'm going to keep going until it's done.

It feels really frustrating starting out really, and then slipping up so soon, but I guess that's part of the struggle. Here it goes again...

pinkerton

• View Profile
Re: The Freedom Journey starts here...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 12:18:52 PM »
Glad you're here. I know how frustrating it is and how lousy it feels after. I'm also married with kids and sick of this monkey on my back. Good luck to you.

benhj

• View Profile
Re: The Freedom Journey starts here...
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 04:26:33 PM »
Welcome man! I know that feeling of being sick and tired of being sick and tired only too well. You are definitely in the right place! I too have "really started to kick this thing" a thousand times.. And I've also learnt that nothing changes if nothing changes.. In other words, try and change some of your old routines; phone a friend or family member; think about what you're grateful for; realise the futility of anger and fear; meditate on a smile; be mindful of your surroundings; realise that there are other people out there who are going through shit (I'm saying these things as much to myself!)...