Author Topic: 20yo w/ PIED, my journal to recovery  (Read 1705 times)

mym8marty

• View Profile
Re: 20yo w/ PIED, my journal to recovery
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2019, 11:21:24 PM »
Day 2 done!

Didn’t sleep last night cause I was hella nervous about my final this morning (not the best strategy lmao) but PMO wasn’t on my mind at all. But with my final done the semester is over, next few days are chaotic in terms of packing for home but peaceful, not stressing about school anymore so I’m hoping I can have more time to implement some more good habits like exercise and reading.

I have definitely thought about meditation, tried it once. I definitely don’t discount it as an effective strategy and I know it works wonders. I have never implemented it into a routine, though. I think I’m going to try now that I’m done with classes, see how it works for me. Thanks for the suggestion!

Quitforeverthenwin

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2019, 08:01:47 AM »
Congrats on the day 2! Really glad the insights are helpful for you. That is great you went through a night without sleep... thats the sort of the thing I was thinking of. Going through the uncomfortable stuff but still PMO free!

BlueHeronFan

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2019, 05:30:14 PM »
Congrats on finishing a semester! That's a big sigh of relief.  And it's definitely a good chance to start focusing on implementing some healthier habits. I know things (like diet and working out and sleep) always go out the window for me at the end of a semester because of finals and everything. But the start of a break is a good chance to get things going again.

Way to make it through another day (and a stressful one even)!

mym8marty

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2019, 12:21:43 AM »
Picked up a gig job moving boxes for move out so I’m too exhausted to make a real post

Just a quick day 3 done and I’m gonna go to sleep now goodnight

Quitforeverthenwin

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2019, 11:30:29 PM »
Congrats on the gig and day 3. That's actually a good spot to be, just soo tired, in a good way and going right to sleep.

BlueHeronFan

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2019, 07:05:51 PM »
I agree, busy and tired is probably a good way to start a reboot. It's a lot harder to relapse when you don't leave time in the day for it.

Hope you're doing well!

mym8marty

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2019, 10:39:55 AM »
Day 15 done!

Been super busy trying to find a job for summer, cleaning up my house and all that. After my last post I was in a flatline for about a week which I was grateful for, one less thing I’ve had to worry about. Since it ended I’ve been just resisting any urges because it’s been too long to give it up now.

Hope you guys are all doing well, sorry I just disappeared, I’ll try to be better about posting!

LeanAndBop

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2019, 01:14:24 PM »
Hey sounds like you've been productive! Keep it up! Managing urges can be tough so we'll done.
All the best

mym8marty

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2019, 11:49:06 PM »
Day 21 done!

21 days means 3 weeks so I thought I'd update. Longest I've ever gone which is sweet.

Reinstalled instagram today to post a photo, scrolling through I'm honestly kind of shocked at how naked people get on it. Probably going to uninstall it again, no reason to have that lurking.

Keep grinding everyone!

Quitforeverthenwin

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2019, 05:50:33 PM »
Nice job on the 21 days! Yeah I'd say to hell with instagram, those things even aside from the pmo are designed to waste our time.

mym8marty

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2019, 03:59:29 PM »
Hey everyone!

Been quite some time since my last update. Recap on the last month and a half is that I made it to 30 days but lost track afterward, relapsed more than a handful of times but each time I was still going at least a couple days in between. Right now I’m back to about once a day which prompted my return to this forum.

I have had a lot healthier attitude about sex lately and I think I can really do well if I commit to quitting again.

Biggest problem right now is I have a couple hours after my gf leaves for work before I do. I need to find a way to not let myself fall into the trap of being alone and attached to my phone.

Good to go back to the journal. Will be updating regularly.

Redfire03

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2019, 06:09:59 PM »
Get your ass in the gym.. get up with her.. make coffee breakfast.. what ever it is. Go to the gym in the morning and turn it into positive energy.

mym8marty

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2019, 12:47:32 PM »
Day 2 done

Have had a few urges here and there, just keep reminding myself I need to push past it and they will go away eventually.

Speaking of the gym I have actually started going and working mainly on my posture and mobility. Definitely helping my confidence!

Thanks again everyone

« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2019, 06:08:19 AM »
You're doing a good job and you're improving. I'm proud of you  :)
Stay gold my friend  :)