Author Topic: Stuck in a cycle ... again  (Read 1973 times)

dlansky

• View Profile
    • Create in Me a Clean Heart, O Lord
Re: Stuck in a cycle ... again
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2019, 11:09:55 AM »
Just about 9 days in. Today may involve some challenges as I am stuck at home for now, but I have various projects to work on and plan to focus on those, starting ... now!
Back again to make a lifelong change.

dlansky

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2019, 08:16:18 PM »
Yay! Double digits! 10 days in. Of course, it only takes 10 days to reach double digits; another 90 until I get to triple. Still, feeling pretty good about today. I was focused and got done the things I wanted to get done.

I did "act out" in a way this morning. As I noted in an earlier post, one of my triggers has been ASMR videos, where people do sometimes rather ordinary things, but in the process, make produce soothing sounds and motions that, if a female is doing the video, get me rather hot and bothered. I received an email from an app that I used to have on my phone promoting new ASMR videos. I knew I probably shouldn't look, but I also wondered whether I would even be able to download the app, now that I have certain restrictions on my phone. I said a "Hail Mary" and then got as far as checking to see if downloading the app was possible, but as I did so, I realized that I was acting out just by checking. There is really no good consequence that could come from my watching it. Moreover, I realized that taking the time to watch an ASMR video would most likely throw off my plans for the morning, which included just enough time for me to visit the gym. So, I did not download the app and got my workout in. Baby steps.

dlansky

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2019, 07:52:13 PM »
Two weeks down ... it's been a while since I have made the two-week mark. I haven't been especially tempted since my last post. I keep trying to ask myself, "What is the most loving thing I can do right now?" If I am bored, I think about something I could do for someone besides myself and work on that. I am also spending a lot more time reading, which has been mind-opening.

workinprogressUK

• Personal Text
    I get knocked down but i get up again
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2019, 05:45:55 AM »
congrats. great progress and i feel i can learn a lot from you in relation to the positivity and love. Good luck for your next few days.

BeerMan

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2019, 05:13:25 AM »
I too just recently discovered ASMR videos and found out real quickly that I need to stay away from them as well.  The sound of a women's voice completely turned me on and I'm sure it's because I've given up pmo.