500 days! :')

Today marks a big day in my NoFap journey. I hit 500 days with no masturbation. Zero.

Since taking on NoFap and getting past the initial withdrawal, I've earned a Bachelors degree, and now I'm halfway into my Masters degree.

My confidence is SKY HIGH. I feel I can better direct my thoughts, I can focus better.

I'm with this incredibly beautiful girl, who is well aware of my NoFap journey.

Now, I used to get off about 4-5 times a day, everyday, for about 8 years. (!)
I was mentally and physically 'broken'.

I used to get hot women into bed, but my penis wouldn't fucking budge.
You can imagine what a beating my confidence took.

But all that is in the past and I have a few tips for you guys :

1) Begin!
Beginning is really one of the hardest parts of the challenge. I've tried and failed many times on day one.

2) Set short goals

Immediately beginning with the goal of doing 90 days is super intimidating. I started with two days.
When I managed two days, I tried four. Then a week, so on.

I did fail many times in between, and its okay to fail, but remember the longer you put it off, the longer your full recovery will take.

3) Everybody's body is different.

Just because someone else was healed in 90 days does not mean you will.
It is highly likely that you will, but the hardest battles are always meant for those who can fight it.

4) The withdrawals.

For me, this was the hardest part. I had mood swings and began feeling incredibly alone. It only makes you want to masturbate more, but DO NOT GIVE IN.

5) Stay positive.

You will begin seeing changes very soon. Its just the first two-three weeks that are the hardest. Get past it and you're sorted.

6) Talk about it.

Talking about it to someone, maybe your partner, is incredibly useful. Try it.

7) Help others.

Once you reach the end of your journey, you realise NoFap is now part of your life and it will remain so.
Put some time aside to help others who are just beginning their journey. :)

tiredofthe struggle

Well done Mc is red, its so good to see it is possible and people are seeing real benefits.

Do you feel after all this time you can lower your guard, have the urges gone?

Im on day 30 currently with 1 small relapse at around day 20 but feeling positive as 1 hour pmo in 30 days is massive for me, 2017 got to be my year too much to lose and yet still plenty to gain.

Next goal 60 days, did your urges reduce in number and strength by that point?

Inpursuit

gazz

congrats on a great achievement, even if you are a ManU man :)

and thanks for a great list of tips - very inspiring. Onwards!

Hello Inpursuit,

That is great progress you're making!
You must be very proud of yourself. Keep at it.

Yes, the urge to get off dies down greatly as time goes on.
Remember, its important to stay positive. :)

misc person 86

Congratulations mate. How much sex have you had and has it worked every time? Can you have limitless sex (when you want it) without repercussions? Thanks for your honesty.

andyjee86 said:
Congratulations mate. How much sex have you had and has it worked every time? Can you have limitless sex (when you want it) without repercussions? Thanks for your honesty.

I have sex weekly three times-ish now. And my erections are as strong as they were when I first started having them (lol).

Yes, everything is pretty much back to normal. Theoretically, limitless sex is possible with zero repercussions. In practice, I just to bed soon after. x)

Because of NoFap, I came a bit early the first few times, but you know what they say, practice makes perfect!

misc person 86

Thanks for the reply. I'm having sex around 3x a week too with no repercussions and I'm lasting longer. Still not sure what would happen if I did it every day, but I prob won't get the chance anyway so I'm not worrying. Great news! Congrats again.