My Reboot Journal

canada1

Yesterday will hopefully be the day that finally turns things around for me. I finally heard about PIED and it was like a lightbulb went on for me. For years I have been struggling with P and it had gotten to the point where I couldn't perform with my wife. I finally realized that all these years of P have caused an actual physical response from my body.

I'm hopeful that I can turn things around but I know it won't be easy. I have tried quitting multiple times but have always relapsed. Reading other posts about the timeline for recovery seems daunting, but I know that this is something I absolutely have to do. Knowing about PIED gives me hope that this is something I can turn around. I have almost all the symptoms of PIED so I'm glad to finally have a name for how I've been feeling over the last couple months.

I need to start feeling more like myself. I used to be confident in all things sex related but little did I know this was because my brain was hopped up on the stimulus from P. Over time this confidence has eroded and now I am in the midst of a very bad flatline. It has been about 2-3 months since I really felt like myself. What makes me worried is that during this 2-3 month time I have still viewed P and masturbated, but the flatline remains.

I usually keep things to myself but this has reached a point where I know I need to get some help. This is something bigger than myself so I hope that there is support along my journey. I will be leaning on my wife, and prayer, to get me through this. If anyone is looking for an accountability partner let me know because I'd like support through this community as well.