Relapse??

Gabssb93

I am about one and a half months in. It's been hard but I have been doing well since I keep reminding myself of the goal ahead.

Today however, while slightly tired and hungover, something came over me. For some reason I saw a picture of a fitness model on instagram, who I fancy the hell out of, and I just started madly browsing her page for a good 30 mins or so. I didn't masturbate but I got all light headed and felt as if I was about to cum in my pants (hilarious I know but this all actually happened) as soon as this happened I threw the laptop to one side, had a cold shower and then went for a walk. The urge kind of subsided. 

I've been feeling shit about it the rest of the day..........

Any thoughts?

Fappy

Respected Member
Not a relapse. It sounds like it could have lead to one though. so well done for stopping it!
The fact taht you could recognise the danger and remove yourself from the situation means youre doing very well in your reboot! keep it up!

AlexthenotsoGreat

I would count this as a relapse, since you're still reinforcing the old pathways in the brain, and most likely fantasizing about her sexually. I've done the same thing before, and it has led me to relapse without fail every time. So be on your guard. Also, what are you doing on instagram looking at models? I don't use insta so I can't say that I know if it gives you recommendations, but either way you need to cut instagram out of your life until you've kicked the addiction. As a social media addict, I can tell you that this sounds a lot easier than it is. Once we get rid of it we realize how much spare time we have and don't know what to fill it with. And don't kid yourself, anyone can go a two to three days without it, but when you start reaching the higher numbers it gets harder. That is an easy tell for knowing your an addict to soc. media.

AlexthenotsoGreat

Edit: actually, I think going even a day or two without soc. media might be very frustrating for some. I don't want to shame anyone who struggles going a single day. I'm an addictive personality, so I know this was probably the case for me in the beginning with some things.

WoundedSparrow

I'd call this a minor relapse since you supplied the brain with a chemical reaction it was craving. Just try to click away from these images as quickly as possible and put them out of your mind. A little stimulation one day can weaken your resolve during the next, and then you relapse.

aalsaadi

Sometimes I feel like I can allow my brain to circulate neurotransmitters in a controlled and natural manner if I be a steward of justice and moderating. Often times on I see ads showing graphic content. Initially I feel temptations popping up in my head, be it to click on the add, or to go to the sites I used to frequently go to. If instead I right click on the add and click "report" or "hide post" or "give Feedback" or "Why am I seeing this ad/post?" , I feel as though my temptations were overridden.

Same thing happened to me.I had a 2 yr streak and fucked it up by looking at sex gifs on google.(highly arousing) I guess.This morning I couldn?t get it up with my wife.
I am wondering if it?s cuz I looked at sex gifs for a few days or just the fact that I haven?t worked out due to my back Injury.I just hope this passes because feeling like you can?t perform leaves you feeling empty and a failure as a man.Its a horrible feeling.