Ultimate New Start !!

Digipex

Hi everyone,

i'm writing this topic because i feel i need to do it , it's going to be a long one since i never did it before. i apologize about my english : it's not my native language.

I liked the concept of making a Journal and being anonymous : so we can speak honestly without fear . So , i'm making this topic to share my experience and discuss ideas.

I'm 21 years old , i'm an engineering student , i have struggled with pmo since the age of 15 years old. Since the begining, i knew it's a bad thing that i should'nt do. So i was trying to stop from the beginning but i wasn't very serious. Because of my lack of knowledge about this issue , i thought : it's gonna be easy to give it up anytime later. My use wasn't in a continuous way :In general , one time to three per week. 5-10 min each time. there were periods of time when i stopped fore weeks and i relapsed again.

the longest period i stopped pmo was : 8 months ,  4 years ago. followed by 4 months stop the next year. Since then , i struggled : always failing after 2-3 weeks period. MY only technique till then , was to say to myself : It's the last time , i'll never do it again.

This year , I discovered NoFap in January :  So i decided to make a new start : i bought a book to help myself and i kept reading topics to motivate myself . I had a very strong motivation , But after one month i began to be less strict with myself and tolerate triggering stuffs. I also gave up reading my book. That lead me to relapse after 2 months.

Since then again , i relapsed every 2-3 weeks. The last time was Today.

That was a brief presentation of my story with Pmo , I'm writing this stuff : firstly , to motivate my self every time i feel weak and to remember my self why i want stop. Secondly , i know if i just simply keep telling myself : i won't do it again, I'd relapse again and again .. So i'm doing something different. I hope that this journal will help in my journey.

I decided to begin a new Start ,to combine all the lessons i learned from my previous attempts.
So can you tell me please , what works with you to keep a high determination and motivation ?
Any Tips or advice to manage Cravings / Urges ?
Any Advice or anything else to discuss also.

Thanks , Wish me good luck this time. I'm gonna update my progress.

Digipex

13 Days & 43% of my 'one month' goal achieved , It was not very difficult till now , no special urges.

But i'm feeling that it's going to come soon because as i said it's during the third week that it becomes more difficult for me .

I'll try to achieve this one month goal no matter what  :)

Digipex

Already 23 days of my 'one month' goal achieved. i have a had a difficult time last week-end .. sexual thoughts all  saturday.. I was enable to focus on what i was doing .. sunday i tought about relapsing  :mad: ,

But  finaly i read some articles on YBOP and Nofap , read a book about healing , all that encouraged me a lot not to give up and continue my journey .

Now , i'm more determinated to achieve my One month Goal and keep fighting !

Remember , every day is a fight that we must win !

Digipex

First completed Challenge : 1 month ;D ;D.

I'm happy to write this post. i've experienced one difficult period, as i mentioned on the previous post, during this month. But finaly , i did it and completed the challenge. Now it's time to look forward :So , i decided to make another one month challenge.

I'll not fix more than this amount of time , because in my opinion longer periods will seem so long and difficult to achieve and may lead to relapse. So, One month is the perfect interval.

Good luck everybody  :)

Digipex

40 days on hardmode reached !  ;D

Glad to tell you that my journey is still progressing. I still have some sexual toughts from time to time but nothing out of control , i just stop thinking and focus on something else.

I'm trying to keep focusing on important things in my life and not to have a lot of free time : planing activities . That's working well for the moment,

Keep fighting  :)

Digipex

50 days  ;)

i've had some difficult moments during this last ten days , but still under control. I still feel the power and motivation to keep going through this journey.

Good luck everyone , keep trying and believing. Be sure that one day u'll make it  ;D

Digipex

76 days on hardmode  ;)

I've been on holidays the last three weeks , that's why i didn't update my journal. Everything was all right , no urges out of control , only normal things. i don't know if it's really the beginning of healing or because i was busy with so much stuff ..

So, as you can see i'm happy that i finished the second ' one month challenge ' and i'm already on the third one. this is the longest streak since more than 2 years : a good motivation to keep going.  next Goal : 90 days !

Wish  good luck to all of you in your journey  , Keep fighting guys  :)

Digipex

[size=12pt]Today , i completed my first ultimate goal : 90 days ! [/size]  :).

I must say that the last days were very difficult. I was very closed to relapse , big urges to look for triggering stuff.

But , i didn't want to start my counter from zero again , i wanted to keep progressing. it became a big motivation for me to make this streak really the ultimate one until being healed , i think that starting again from zero would be very depressing.

Well , i can't say that my try is perfect. As almost every sucess story , people relapsed many times during a very large period. For me, i can say that i saw some triggering stuff , either accidentally in some movies or intentionnally in weakness times , but NO PMO and that was my goal in the beginning . That's why i didn't consider this as relapse. We're humans , perfection isn't human  :p

So , i'll Keep GOING and fighting. I fix a new Goal : another 30 days  to reach  : 120 DAYS !

Good luck everybody , Keep believing that one day u'll make it !