How do you deal with Erectile Dysfunction at a young age?

My girlfriend and I found out she was pregnant in the middle of July. We?ve always had an amazing sex life and I?ve never had any issues maintaining an erection when with her. Recently she went to the beach on vacation for 5 days. While she was gone I masturbated a lot and stressed out about stuff at home involving her and her pregnancy, our apartment, etc. The first night she got back, I couldn?t get an erection. Since then, we?ve had sex a few times and about half the time I can?t get hard or hold the erection. I keep thinking back to that first night with problems. Am I screwed and is this the future of our relationship?? Should I talk to a mental health professional? I?m really freaking out. Thanks for any advice.

malando

Staff member
It's doubtful you could cause any huge problem in just 5 days of masturbation. More likely is that you are affected by anxiety/stress around your girlfriend being pregnant. How are you feeling about it? Are you worried about how you'll cope as a young father? How old are you anyway? Are you concerned about having to provide for your new family financially?