Restful sleep

Pete McVries

Has anyone else experienced increased restful sleeps during their reboot? Usually, I need up to ten hours of sleep and still feel like shit when waking up. Since last week, I had incredibly restful sleeps, only needed 6-7 hours to feel well rested and the whole week I woke up one hour before my alarm clock would ring. Like every day. It's a crazy benefit. Ultimately, I'm here to fix my PIED but great sleep is such a great byproduct.

Edit_undo

I noticed that in the first few months. More energy with less sleep. But lately my sleep has not been very deep or restful. So I can function better on less sleep now but the quality of sleep is not great. Related? Who knows.
Also alcohol seems to mess up my sleep, I sleep short and restless after drinking even if I have stayed up late.

I?m in the same boat as you, here to fix pied but will take any other benefits that come!

Pete McVries said:
Since last week, I had incredibly restful sleeps, only needed 6-7 hours to feel well rested and the whole week I woke up one hour before my alarm clock would ring. Like every day. It's a crazy benefit. Ultimately, I'm here to fix my PIED but great sleep is such a great byproduct.

One week of less fatigue is not enough to draw any correlations with recovery from PMO. I can't say I've noticed any pattern whatsoever between PMO and sleep.

doneatlast

Interesting.

Short answer yes, though I hesitate to call it a direct result.  I changed a lot of other things at the same time that helped, like introducing new routines in life, better diet, and so on.  I was an 8+ for good functioning guy, and now 7 does me pretty darn well, with a 7.5 or 8 on the weekends. 

If it is a cause (and that is a big "if") I'd say it is related to reduced depression.  Depression will make you feel like you need more sleep (among other things), and rebooting affecting depression symptoms is fairly plausible.