Need Help - Procrastination

DanteKO

Hey guys, Dante here just looking for some advice. What are some methods I could use to beat procrastination?
This problem has been with me for around 2 years, and it has become so self-destructive in that time.
I've nearly failed 3 classes in school and I am currently taking summer school for 2 that I failed, which cost 400$ just because of this problem.
How the hell can I stop this problem as effectively as possible? How can I make sure it never takes over again?
I want to make the best out of life, and I feel like I am squandering it when I procrastinate. What are ways I can stop this issue?

Stretchcomic

For me, I always feel anxious until I get something important for school done. So even if its a project I know i'm going to hate doing (I legitimately had to write 8 pages about the health benefits of coconuts...) I know that afterwards i'm really relaxed and can enjoy myself. I just do it to rid of anxiety

Recovery101

Hey man

Procrastination sucks. But the way I fight it is that I just get the work done first before fun. It's just the way I was raised :/ Plus when I do procrastinate, I usually stay up late then there's so much stress and my acne starts to flare up. I just put myself and work first because I know the consiquences if I dont. Hope this helped :)
-Rec101

Sampson Munk

Hey bro,

Yeah I had issues like that when I was younger but high school sorta kicked it out of me with the workload.

Get a diary or planner. At my school we are required to have one of these and use it to record homework and assignments and due dates. It's helpful as we are always looking at the work we have to do, the due dates, and constantly being reminded of those due dates.

I suggest as soon as you get a task you need to sit down or take a moment to think: when am I going to get this done? I plan out my weekends as I have so much on with a schedule. It helps me heals with handling stress and workload. Literally it takes heals off my shoulders. ALWAYS ALLOW YOURSELF MORE TIME THEN YOU KNOW YOU NEED. That one is huge. Yeah it's important to know exactly how long something will take you but it helps lots when you have many different loads and are juggling then and possibly underestimating.

And the golden rule for getting stuff done:
GET ASSIGNMENTS OR HOME ESSAYS OR PROJECTS DONE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Especially if it's at the beginning of the term and you don't have anything else, knock that pest away. It's just one less thing you have to deal with. And think, the time you spend sitting around or gaming isn't worth the bad grades or stress so get up and at it!

DanteKO

Stretchcomic said:
For me, I always feel anxious until I get something important for school done. So even if its a project I know i'm going to hate doing (I legitimately had to write 8 pages about the health benefits of coconuts...) I know that afterwards i'm really relaxed and can enjoy myself. I just do it to rid of anxiety
Thanks dude, I totally understand this. I just get more anxious and more stressed out if I don't do my work. My discipline has gone up from my NoFap/Reboot and I have sort of (not too much yet) found it easier to do things I don't want to do. I guess I just have to suffer.

DanteKO

Recovery101 said:
Hey man

Procrastination sucks. But the way I fight it is that I just get the work done first before fun. It's just the way I was raised :/ Plus when I do procrastinate, I usually stay up late then there's so much stress and my acne starts to flare up. I just put myself and work first because I know the consiquences if I dont. Hope this helped :)
-Rec101
This is something I've been trying to do so much more of. Things that are important but not urgent to me. Things that aren't fun but are greatly beneficial. I don't want to stress anymore about stuff like this really. Thanks man.

DanteKO

Sampson Munk said:
Hey bro,

Yeah I had issues like that when I was younger but high school sorta kicked it out of me with the workload.

Get a diary or planner. At my school we are required to have one of these and use it to record homework and assignments and due dates. It's helpful as we are always looking at the work we have to do, the due dates, and constantly being reminded of those due dates.

I suggest as soon as you get a task you need to sit down or take a moment to think: when am I going to get this done? I plan out my weekends as I have so much on with a schedule. It helps me heals with handling stress and workload. Literally it takes heals off my shoulders. ALWAYS ALLOW YOURSELF MORE TIME THEN YOU KNOW YOU NEED. That one is huge. Yeah it's important to know exactly how long something will take you but it helps lots when you have many different loads and are juggling then and possibly underestimating.

And the golden rule for getting stuff done:
GET ASSIGNMENTS OR HOME ESSAYS OR PROJECTS DONE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Especially if it's at the beginning of the term and you don't have anything else, knock that pest away. It's just one less thing you have to deal with. And think, the time you spend sitting around or gaming isn't worth the bad grades or stress so get up and at it!
Hey Sampson! I heard you stopped going on this forum but I'm glad to see you post here and I hope you're getting away from PMO and you should definitely msg me sometime. In terms of your advice, I do have a planner so when I get back into school around August for senior year I will use that planner in order to write down homework assignments. I haven't been thinking through things as concisely as you have so maybe that is something that I should consider. I really do want to get essays done as soon as I can to get them out of the way like you say because I don't really want to deal with it. Thanks so much for the advice.