Sleep

dc6

I went through a stretch for like 3-4 weeks where sleep was tough. Sometimes I'd wake up after 4-5 hours and heart would be racing and I'd be sweating and couldn't go back to sleep. Then I went through a week where 4-5 hours of sleep seemed more like a goal. It sucked.

Going through this intitially magnifies the stress in your life and my beginning seemed to coincide with me going through a period of high stress and work and a 2.5 year relationship coming to an end. But you can get through it. I tried zzzquil and melatonin but at the end of the day I just gutted it out and got better.

Clearhead

I have been taking Ashwagandha, considered to be one of the most important medicinal herbs in Ayurvedic medicine that's been used for thousands of years. It has anti-anxiety properties and is also used from insomnia with no hangover or drug-like feeling, just a very natural calmness. It's very mild. Dr. Andrew Weil recommends it for insomnia and anxiety - it's worth a shot. You can get it at Vitamin Shoppe.

What i do personally is 20-30 minutes of exercise.  Whether it be body work out, weights or
just on my bike machine (this really helps) along with a nice cold glass of water
but most importantly i pray.  Underneath the covers with my head rested on the pillow
and just ask God to help me with another day and work towards my goals.
Reading a book helps also.  :)