Another Success Story - Plus Some Handy Tips

Hello all,

Just to let you know that I've reached day 90. I've graduated! :D

Its been a difficult road for sure, but I'm so much happier with my life and I'm now at the point when I feel that PMO is not worth it, considering the benefits I receive.

Thinking about the future and what comes next, I've decided I'm going to let myself masturbate again but a maximum of once per month if I'm feeling a bit pent up. Otherwise I will be using what I've learned over the course of this journey and abstaining.

Here's my list of things that really helped me out which you might wanna try.

- Learn from your mistakes,  if you succumb and end up PMOing use it for next time. Figure out the things that 'set you off' and limit your exposure to them as best you can.
- For me a big one of these was alcohol, I'm more commonly drinking non-alcoholic beer when I'm alone to try and limit that trigger.
- Another was (a bit more obvious) naked ladies on the internet, we used a child filter called Quistido to limit what i could access online. Its a tad humiliating, but its very very effective. I know what I'm doing when it comes to computers, but having to make that extra step to consciously get rid of the software helped tremendously in providing a deterrent.
- I personally switched to normal mode at day 60ish, this was also really helpful for me as it should be the *upside* of going through all this and what I was doing it for. Starting off in hard mode was really valuable though. I would do that first if you are reading this at the beginning of your journey.
- I had a reward prepared if I managed to make it to 90 days, a bit of technology I want... but being honest this provided very little motivation for me, and I love buying stuff and getting new things! If you want to motivate yourself I would suggest looking for a deeper reason than just getting a nice thing or punishing yourself i.e. think less 'carrot and stick' more 'golden spiritual/lifechanging carrot'.
- Another cool thing I learned was a bit of thought control! I found that when I was thinking powerful sexual thoughts I could get rid of them by taking some long deep breaths, which relaxed my body a bit and takes the focus off sex. A handy wee tip!

Ok I think that's everything. I probably won't be posting again, I think I've done what I've needed to do and don't have anything more to share either.

Keep fighting ladies and gents. I believe in you.

joepanic

Respected Member
Well done  Unapplicable

Glad you pulled it off  I did manage to hit 115 days about 8 months ago but fell back into old patterns  I have had various levels of success since and  no matter how I am doing at the moment I have never felt better  I'm currently at day 23  and feeling confident  I plan to enter the success journals when I hit the 1 year mark as I think that's what it will take me to have really left it behind and changed my life into something different

Good luck in your future  the change will have been worth it