I relapsed....... Now I need to beat the chaser effect

Gabssb93

Guys, I relapsed..... It was all going so well but I've had the worst couple of days.

I went on holiday in Athens and my bag was stolen. In it there was a lot of nice clothes and money and because of this I had to fly home. My financial situation was already on the ropes but this was the knockout blow.

Anyway, when I got home I just started browsing some images because it made me feel better, then one thing led to another.... I didn't orgasm but I did the full PM.

The little devil inside my head keeps on telling me "well, you've already done it, why not do it some more?"

Its so fucking tempting.

I'm just really pissed off at myself, I feel like the last month and a half were a complete waste of time....

Any words of wisdom guys? How do I overcome this?

WoundedSparrow

Well, you didn't fully relapse since there was no orgasm, but your brain is likely overstimulated from all the edging. The next few days are going to be difficult. I find that exercise helps a ton with reducing cravings. Keep busy.

Coastly

The first thing to remember is that the last 30 days were not a total waste of time. Your brain is healthier now than it was 30 days ago, and one relapse isn't going to undo all of that.

I've found that the most important thing following a relapse is to use it as a learning experience. Your brain is telling you things about yourself through that relapse that you can use to stay sober next time.

Now get back on the horse! I'll look forward to reading how it goes.

livinginsin

My love. Everything takes time. Take it day by day!! 30 days is such a long time to be clean and something to seriously be proud of. Although your relapse is disappointing, take it as a lesson and learn from it. Rather than indulge in images, indulge in some icecream, indulge in a peace of cake or simply work off the stress. Running is powerful when you're angry, frustrated, even sad. Blasting music in your ear, the wind hitting your face, and all you can see is what's in front of you. That's how this should be for you. Don't look behind you. Don't allow the little devil to fool you either. Idc if you're half way in, stop at any time. You're making progress. You're doing better than you think. just allow this slip up to teach you something and apply it to your journey.