The Secret to Solve this Problem is to quit Sugar!

Taylor

I just want to share to maybe help some guys.

The way to solve this problem is to quit sugar!
And I mean all products that include table sugar and "complex" carbs like grains and starchy "health" foods.
Basically go keto or carnivore or semi-paleo.
You brain will not glitch out of intention and you can abstain as long as you want. You will only break if you do fall off your intention to not eat sugar.

Try to notice that you usually break a few hours after consuming carbs. That's because sugar is an intoxicant that uses the same brain circuitry as alcohol and cocaine. When you crash from the sugar high, your brain shifts into survival mode where it won't spend the energy to override impulses. And long-term sugar hits destroy your willpower. Sugar causes the brain to reduce dopamine receptors, so the prefrontal cortex won't get enough dopamine to be activated. This leads to lack of motivation and lack of ability to control impulsive behavior. It might take a few months to restore it, but then you will be free.

RicoSalva

Taylor said:
I just want to share to maybe help some guys.

The way to solve this problem is to quit sugar!
And I mean all products that include table sugar and "complex" carbs like grains and starchy "health" foods.
Basically go keto or carnivore or semi-paleo.
You brain will not glitch out of intention and you can abstain as long as you want. You will only break if you do fall off your intention to not eat sugar.

Try to notice that you usually break a few hours after consuming carbs. That's because sugar is an intoxicant that uses the same brain circuitry as alcohol and cocaine. When you crash from the sugar high, your brain shifts into survival mode where it won't spend the energy to override impulses. And long-term sugar hits destroy your willpower. Sugar causes the brain to reduce dopamine receptors, so the prefrontal cortex won't get enough dopamine to be activated. This leads to lack of motivation and lack of ability to control impulsive behavior. It might take a few months to restore it, but then you will be free.
Thanks for the advice, helped me so much.

Thanks and Regards,
Rico

sbank

Thanks Talor, that good to know, I have wondered about that, what do you think about caffeine, I think it may have the same effect

Drink 6-8 glasses (250mL) of water per day. Don't drink water with meals because it dilutes stomach acid and leads to poor digestion. Add a squeeze of lemon into your water for added benefits and some flavour. Eating tons of sugar creates a cycle of low blood sugar and intense ?hanger? (hungry + angry).

Taylor

sbank said:
Thanks Talor, that good to know, I have wondered about that, what do you think about caffeine, I think it may have the same effect

Yes, I noticed that too. But I hadn't realized the effect until recently.